Monday, June 27, 2016

4 April 2016

This week was alright. Missionary work wise it was awesome!  Emotionally it was a bit weird. I was very homesick a few times. I don't know why. Seeing how big Riley has been getting and thinking that I can't give him a hug and a kiss when he gets up in the morning has really been getting to me. I've just missed home. But on the other hand I hit my 6 month mark this week! We taught some really great lessons and our investigators watched conference and all sorts of stuff. The work, like last week, is going great in Chico! Transfers are this week. Elder Phelps and I are staying in Chico, which is great because we work very well together. From conference this week the thing that
hit me most is that I need to follow Christ more to be a better leader. In the priesthood session a guy talked about how to be a better leader.  He said the key to being a better leader is to be a better follower. Christ was the best leader of all and He followed perfectly Heavenly Fathers plan. In my patriarchal blessing it says people will look up to me as I am modest in my behaviors. While I've been out here I've been talking a lot with other missionaries, making a bunch of silly jokes and running around or whatever.  Not that I am acting inappropriately, but I'm going to try to be more modest and follow the Savior even more, so that others will
look up to me.  Not that I'm in a leadership position, but I still think it's a good thing to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment