Sunday, August 28, 2016

Email sent by President Marston, Calum's Mission President, 23 August 2016

Dear Missionaries,

The Prophet Joseph Smith stated “Men and angels are to be co-workers in bringing to pass this great work.”

Psalms 91: 11
For He shall give His angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.  They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.


Doctrine and Covenants 109:22
“And we ask thee, Holy Father, that they servants may go forth from this house armed with my power, and that thy name may be upon them,
And thy glory round about them, and thine angels have charge over them;
   

Doctrine and Covenant 84:88
“And whosoever receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit
Shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up.”

Over these past several days I have been blessed to know of the truth and reality of these scriptures as they relate to our missionaries and angels and prayers that protect us.
I would like to share with you these thoughts and experiences and impressions (as described by the missionaries involved and paraphrasing after my telephone conversations with them)
  
Angels lifted and gently and softly cared for a missionary

“We were biking down a very steep hill, heading to our next appointment. My companion was ahead of me and we were going close to 20 miles per hour. From a side road came a car that was going equally fast. However, the driver did not see me as she started her very swift turn. I tried to swerve and brake to slow down but alas, I didn't turn enough. My bike hit her car in the back corner. I did a disfigured swan dive over her fender and hit the ground, My bike had snapped in to 3 pieces. It was broken in such a way that it looked as if someone had actually sawed through the front fork. Which  caused my bike to move in such a way that protected me from major damage. Because of this amazing break in the bike I only got 2 small scrapes on my knee and palm. I got up immediately and felt no pain or pressure. One of the witnesses was a sports therapist. He said that when he saw me flip over the fender at the speed I was going, he thought I was dead or at least in a coma. Angels are ministering to those who are in the Lord's work. They protected me in a very real way.”

Angels surrounded and protected and kept safe a companionship

As I drove through an intersection, a truck hit our passenger side fender, causing the vehicle to spin 180 degrees, after which our passenger rear
quarter panel hit the truck. The truck tore through our engine block, completely mangling the front end of the vehicle. After spinning out,
the rear passenger quarter panel smashed into the truck, causing it to cave in.   The front and side air bags all deployed. 

The impact of the accident caused the     frame to crack on the other truck.  Both vehicles were undriveable following the accident.
My companion and I were able to open the doors, get out of our car, walk away without any physical injury.  We had follow-up medical evaluation that gave us each a clean bill of health.
Everyone who saw the accident exclaimed that it was a miracle there were NO injuries to anyone.  We were wearing our seat belts but know that angels were surrounding us and shielding us from injury.

Angels from on high attended and rejoiced with the creation of a new family unit in the Kingdom of God


          Wednesday was our daughters sealing in the Salt Lake Temple.  I had been up very early that morning taking a missionary to the Sacramento airport.  This missionary  is a loving and wonderful missionary who has been given the opportunity to continue on in his missionary service in the Alabama Birmingham Mission. After dropping him off at the airport  I had some time to just enjoy the early morning  so I drove to the Sacramento Temple grounds and found a private bench and watched as the sun rose.  I wanted to take a few moments to ponder about the covenant that would take place in just a couple of hours with Kristine and Joey.  I had made arrangements to attend an endowment session of the temple that would coincide with the sealing time so that we would all be in the Temples at the same time but far apart.  As I attended the Temple that morning additional insights were given to me regarding our relationship with a loving Father in Heaven and the need for a Savior and the joy of God’s plan for each of us.  There were only a few people on this session so as I stood in the Celestial Room it was as if I were there by myself.  I looked around at the beauty that surrounded me and the way the morning sunlight was coming through the stained and etched glass windows.  The sun was sending beams of light throughout the room as it reflected and bounced off the immense crystal chandelier in the center of the room.  It seemed I truly understood heaven a bit more and felt what heaven must be like.

The Temple President, President Papa, came into the room and saw me standing there.  We have grown close together in our callings and have great love for each other.  He asked me if I was there with missionaries.  I told him, no, that I was there by myself as my daughter was getting married and sealed in the Salt Lake Temple at that exact moment.  He remembered our daughter from a few weeks prior as she and Joey and his family had come to Sacramento so that I could be with Kristine and Joey as they received their Temple ordinances for the first time.  President Papa asked if I would like to sit in a sealing room while I thought about my daughter.  He offered to let me read the exact words of the temple sealing and marriage covenant while in that sacred room inserting the names of Kristine and Joey at the appropriate times.  He showed me where I would be sitting as witness to the sealing if I were in the sealing room with Kristine in Salt Lake City.  President Papa told me of the promptings he had had to come to the Celestial Room exactly at that time.  If he had come in a few minutes before or a few minutes after I would have not been in the Celestial Room and this special experience would have not happened.   While I was reading and re-reading the powerful words and promises of the sealing covenant my eyes were brimming and overflowing with the love that I felt from my Father in Heaven and my Savior.  I thought for an instant that I was alone in that sealing room, but the longer I sat there the fuller the room became until it was filled with all those I love the most in this world both here on the earth and those gone on to the heavens above.  My spiritual self then saw the ceremony as it was happening in Salt Lake City:  Kristine and her mother side by side and rows of my posterity gathered together.  And friends and other family sitting close to each other, peaceful and happy as they witnessed another family unit created under the power of the Priesthood of God. I “witnessed” Kristine and Joey kneel at the alter and make and keep sacred covenants.  I was with them and they were with me.  As mirrors on the walls reflected a visual representation of eternity they also reflected and brought to the Sacramento Temple those in the Salt Lake Temple.  My joy was complete.  I was with my daughter that morning.  Angels from beyond the veil attended the ceremony.  Promptings from the Spirit were received by President Papa and myself so that I could witness the marriage of my daughter.  Heavenly Father loves me and supplies for my every need and want.  I want to live my life such that I can always feel of God’s love for me.  Miracles happened that day, indeed. 
                                                                                        
I testify of a loving Father in Heaven and a merciful Savior.  I testify of the power of the Holy Ghost and of the existence of angels who assist us in our work.


Best regards,
President Michael F. Marston

No comments:

Post a Comment