Monday, January 23, 2017

22 January 2017

Hello Mum!

I'm glad your up there with granddaddy. He looks like he's gained some weight. So that's good. It's sad to hear about him falling over when he went to the bathroom. I remember when I left he was doing so well. And poor little Riley! He seems to get sick pretty often. I miss him so much. Will you send more videos of him soon? That's cool to hear about those young men that gave granddaddy the sacrament. 

(From my letter to Calum.....Well, two handsome young priests from Dad’s ward just came over to the care center and brought the sacrament.  My, what a special experience that was.  Both in white shirts and ties.  Kneeling on the floor of his room.  I couldn't stop crying.)

I wish I wasn't so reluctant to do that sometimes. I wish I did more home teaching and stuff at home haha, but it's ok I'll do it when I get home haha! 
So Tuesday evening we got a referral for a young women. It was a self referral so she put her own name in to Salt Lake City and they sent it to us. Her name is Brenda and she is from Brazil, but is living in Lincoln. Well kind of... she is living in Roseville but she lives in Lincoln on the weekends so she would go to church in Lincoln. So she came to the church building yesterday (after church) and we did a chapel tour and it was perfect! We had a member there and the member is from Brazil too! So they really hit it off. We are pumped to start teaching her. We also had a really good lesson with an investigator we have had a hard time getting a hold of! She calls us her angels. She has an incredible story about how she came in contact with missionaries. She woke up one morning and just out of the blue had revelation that she needed Christ in her life. So that day she got back from grocery shopping and was walking inside when 2 young men all dressed up starting walking over to her, she thought it was the Jehovahs Witnesses. So she hurried inside before they could talk to her. A few seconds later they knocked on the door. She started walking away from the door but something told her to go answer it, she denied the prompting once, then it told her again to answer the door. And it was Mormon missionaries! So we are excited to see how she can progress too. 

I asked for more to write home about, and God gave me some more stuff to write home about haha! Transfers are next week.  Elder Cobabe and I are staying together, which I'm cool with. I think it will be a good transfer. I love you mum. Tell the girls and the little one I love them too. Thank you for keeping me updated with granddaddy, it
helps me pray more specifically.  I love you!  I'll talk to you next week.

Love,
Elder Yule

No comments:

Post a Comment