Sunday, October 16, 2016

10 October 2016

Hello Mum,

I dont think i sent you a picture of my cake did I? I'll send you. I told you a sister in the zone made it for me, it looked great!  We had Mission Leadership Council this week and I wore the tie you sent me and EVERYONE loved it and complimented it. Also for my birthday I might have told you this but we had to get tiwi put in our car and the guy was really late, so we sat in the mission office until about 4 o'clock. So really I had a 2 hour p-day on my birthday. We usually just play some basketball with such a small zone.

So our baptism candidates..... it's a little bit complicated with one of them. It is a requirement for baptism for them to come to church at least 3 times before they are baptized and S. hasn't and won't be able to reach that with her date being on Oct. 22. She always cancels right before her ride gets there. She wants to be baptized but can't make the
leap of faith that it takes. So she is not on date right now.  We will pick a new date this week I am sure. It is quite frustrating of course, but we know if Heavenly Father wants her to be baptized at this time, she will. Our other women on date, C., seems to be solid.  We had a prompting to call her the other night and just check in on her and see how she is doing and it turns out that she had to have a kind of emergency surgery the day we called, so she really appreciated that we were thinking about her.

As for the rest of our area there isn't too much extra work. We are teaching a young women in the YSA, her name is A, and she is awesome. She always has really good genuine questions and she is fun to teach!  We took her on a chapel tour, and taught some of the Gospel of Jesus Christ lesson.  She is really cool. And she did come to church yesterday. Thank heavens the people in the YSA are so friendly and welcoming. The relief society president came right over as soon as she walked in and introduced herself and asked if she wanted to sit next to her. People like that make my job a thousand times easier. Also there is this really big (not fat, really thick and muscular)
Polynesian guy in the YSA who talked to A. for a long time and A. is this tiny little black girl, I'd be surprised if she weighs more than 110 pounds.  But she and this guy just hit it off and they talked for ages. It was pretty sweet. Haha!

I love and miss you guys so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment