Tuesday, January 26, 2016

25 January 2016

Hello Sister Yule. Or mum as I like to call you.

This week was great! Holy cow we are teaching so much! We taught 12 lessons this week!! Elder Bean really does have the magic touch I think. We are teaching a women who just keeps asking when she can get baptized.... It's crazy. She's so cool honestly. Also --- is getting so close to being baptized. He loves us!  Did I tell you what to told me about his grandchildren? He said "I don't have any grandsons, I only have granddaughters, but if I did have grandsons, I would want them to be like you."  He is such a great guy. I am so excited for him. Then we met a new guy who says "I don't need to be baptized, my brother is just going to do my temple work when I die anyway!" His brother is a member and he is always telling him if you don't get baptized I'll get baptized for you. He's really funny. 

There are long tough days, but for the most part it is so fun! It's been raining non stop here. Like we've had maybe 3 clear days in the last month. Which I LOVE!  I've already been out for about 4 months!  Isn't that crazy! 4 months isn't super long, but it feels like just yesterday I said goodbye to you and walked into the MTC. President Marston said there is a difference between homesick and what he calls "home love".  Homesick means you want to go home and you are literally sick. Home love means you miss home and your family, but you know you are in the right place. I'm more home love than homesick. 

I don't feel I'm not doing well really, I just didn't know it would be this slow, haha! But mom, it is incredible how close I feel like I have gotten to my brother Jesus Christ. It is just amazing. I never truly felt like I had a relationship with Him but with life being centered around the gospel 24/7 I feel super close and I feel the joy of His atonement and how it helps me get better and get over my sins. I'm sure you've read it but it's in the new Howard W. Hunter book and he says “If our lives and our faith are centered upon Jesus Christ and his restored gospel, nothing can ever go permanently wrong. On the other hand, if our lives are not centered on the Savior and his teachings, no other success can ever be permanently right.” Which I think is amazingly true. I love you mum. Tell my sisters and my papa I love them too and especially tell my little nephew that I love him!

Heaps of love,
Elder Yule

1 comment:

  1. Loved reading this most recent letter. I'm so happy to hear he's doing so well and that he loves his new companion. Great job on the blog too. You're really getting the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete