Sunday, November 15, 2015

Letter from 9 November 2015

We visit a lot of members, less active or part member families. Thursday we went to Brother and Sister V's house (he's a member but has only been active for a couple years and she's not a member).  We had a little lesson with them. I asked if they had any questions.  Brother V says "well yeah but I'm not sure you can answer them.." We said try us. He asked "well, every time I see a homeless person I feel like I want to help them but I don't want to be the supply for their addiction.  How can I tell if it's the spirit telling me to give them something or if it's just myself?" We talked about if you really feel like you should, then it's probably the spirit. If you have to ask, then it probably isn't.  It was cool.  I told Elder Bates in the middle of the lesson "there's a David A Bednar talk on this."... I had never heard the talk, that was just the apostle's name who came to me.  Sure enough, there was even a Mormon message about it. I don't know why I said Bednar. I really have no clue. I didn't know he gave a talk about that. The spirit told me exactly what to say.  Elder Bednar's talk was just perfect for Brother V.  That was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment